Tech Rehearsal

Today we did our tech run in the theatre. There were parts that took quite a long to get properly sorted out and it was a fairly long winded process that actually felt pretty rushed as we weren't in the theatre for very long. For me personally, it was a really useful and successful run. My first scene went pretty well. My first scene with Joanna went quite well and I really felt a lot more into my character than I have ever done before. I think it might be because of us being in the actual space with the set and a small audience, I felt more comfortable and felt like I had a lot more space to play around in.

Some of the ensemble stuff did feel a tad weak but I think that because we were all worrying about ourselves and making sure we get our own things right. Which seemed to be the running thought with everyone once we discussed it afterwards. The songs all could have been much louder. I think it made us realise how much louder we need to be when singing the songs and how much the space swallows up sound. My last scene also went well, I feel like I am still playing and finding different ways to do things.

 This run made me realise how much I depend on the ensemble, and I feel like I focused too much on myself and not on the show itself as wider picture. I think that vocally I was mostly okay in terms of volume but maybe at points I was too quiet.

I think most of the problems were just from people worrying too much about themselves instead of the bigger picture, which is a natural thing to do when there is a drastic environment change.
I also think we had fears of making different choices in such a big space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE