MIKE ALFREDS

Mike Alfreds believes in the actors instinct, flair and trusting in their own ability more. I feel this is one of the key aspects to our show, aliveness and the ability to react in a natural, truthful way. For example, when I climb the ladder and pop my head up during my scene with Joanna, I didn't really think about it too much but it got a great reception. However, on the other nights when I did it and thought about it, the reaction wasn't too great. Things that are found in a moment can be redone to a good standard but it will never have the same effect as it does in the aliveness of the moment when it instinctually happens.

I feel that Everyman really indulges in what its like to be alive in space. There is a freedom that can allow improvisation if needed within it, going with the flow and feeling what is happening on stage at the time. We were able to express all the most important things through our awareness, competition, desire, selfishness. This makes Everyman a play that would never be the same twice. This is because we were constantly playing, creating moments that cant be recreated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE