DRESS RUN

DRESS RUN

Today we did our dress run, the morning before our show. We were feeling optimistic about the run as all of the last week we had been running the play and it had been really fun and exciting.

The first of the run went fine, nothing went wrong and if it did I didn't even notice. However, it wasn't as magic as the rehearsals we have been doing so quite a few of us were a bit confused. The rest of the run ran the same way. I did learn a lot from this run as I did some testing of coming on earlier into the last scene to see how that might affect the atmosphere. It certainly put people on edge so I might use that to my advantage, depending on how the show goes.

It was also another opportunity for me to be able to interact/look at an audience. I found it really useful for some last minute characterisation while there was an audience there.
This whole dress run really allowed me to stretch my character choices to the limits and create more exciting choices.


Here are some notes we got from it:

I needed to be a little louder on the stage - When I acted down on the stage I need to be a little bit louder however, when I was on the platform I was loud enough.

Stand closer to the stage when doing shadow in fellowship - In the fellowship scene, I stand just off stage and a light shines behind me to create a shadow on stage. I needed to stand a bit closer to the stage to make the shadow more focused and less blurry.

Peering through the door - In the family scene, when I'm behind the door I did a bit of peering really closely through the door. It looked good and I'm to do more of it.

Overall, the dress run went well, nothing went wrong, but nothing was too special. I think I could have been a lot less self indulged and thought a lot more about the show as a whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

GIG THEATRE