17.01.18

17.01.18

Today we got notes from our tech run from yesterday. The overall vibe of the room felt a bit weird today. People seemed pretty lethargic and unenthusiastic about the show.

Here are some of the main group notes that Ben gave us:

Don't drop the ball - When one thing goes wrong, it's like a chain reaction and people drop the ball.
Presence - We need to make up for the empty space that there is in the theatre compared to the smaller spaces we've been rehearsing in.
SING - The songs were poor and were definitely not loud enough.

The general feeling about the tech was that we know we have a good show, we just weren't sure of ourselves in that unfamiliar space and we weren't sure what was going wrong.

One of the main issues of the tech run was the costume changes were a bit rusty. So we did a run of the play with just costume changes.

This helped to iron out any costume issues.


18.01.18

Today we did a run of the entire show so we could iron out any issues from our tech run. The run ended up being magical and probably the best run of the show we have ever done. Everything was fresh and exciting, people were being brave and making exciting decisions. The fellowship scene was full of surprises and my scenes were the best they've ever been.

Here are some notes we got:

Share the love with the hug part - in the introduction sequence, when we hug, we need to share the love to the other person a bit more, it needs to feel more real.

Push and pull part - don't look like you're having fun - during the part where we are shaking hands in a big line, don't look like you're having fun, it needs to be serious and corporate.

In my scene, project any whispers - In my scene, if and when I whisper I need to make sure I project because in the theatre, I won't be heard as easily.

Ben loved my shifts in emotion - He told me I was always hitting what I need to hit and when even though he never knows when it's going to happen. I am pretty happy about that as I feel I put the work in for that scene.

Also when I say the line "but you're the sort who'll try to phone a friend" - Ben liked when I used my hand as a phone pretending to dial.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE