Theatre Run: 28.11.17 // 29.11.17

28.11.17

Today we did a full run in the theatre space with basic lighting, set and props. No costume. For me, the run was so beneficial as I have a lot of different entrances and exits and it was nice to be able to figure out where and when I needed to be and how long it would take for me to get to certain places.

My first scene was up and down in terms of how it went. For some reason I can't seem to get into the swing of the scene in the beginning. I think I need to do some more work with Jo. As the scene went on, I got a lot more into it an a lot more into my character. I started playing around a bit more and using the ladder and the platform and playing around with that area. I think the scene went a lot better than it has done before. Everything else went fairly well and I spend a lot of time on the platform so I get a good view of some of the ensemble pieces and they look really awesome.

My scene at the end also went very well. In this scene I really played around with trying to have personal moments with as many of the everymen as possible as I don't get much personal interaction with all of them during the play. 

One of the things that definitely could have been better were all of the songs. They lacked volume and substance. I think one of the root issues is that people don't know the words well enough so aren't confident enough to sing louder.
I think I could have improved the timing on some of my entrances, however as it was my first time in this space, I wasn't too worried about getting those things terribly wrong.

We got some notes for this run through:

The heart of the scenes was there - The basis of what the scenes needed to be like was there, but they did lack some basic qualities like projection and more spacial awareness.

Singing was not good - as i said previously.

Act through the song - The only way we can make the songs convincing is by acting through the singing. This is especially prevalent for when we aren't as confident in our singing. It will make a lot more convincing.

Some need to work on making choices bigger to fit the space - Because we have been rehearsing in small spaces, we have been making choices that fit the size of that space. So I think coming into the larger space intimidated us and we stuck to only making small choices, so we need more experience in a larger space to get more confident in playing with choices.

Share with the audience more - I think this is a similar issue to the one before so I think again we need more confidence with playing in a larger space. 



29.11.17

In todays rehearsal we had just finished doing a run in the theatre space the day before so we ran all the stuff that needed the most work from the day before.



We did a bit of work on mine and Joanna's scene. I feel a bit better about it although I still feel a bit lost in terms of where the scene is going but over the next few weeks I'm sure I will find my way a bit more.

We did a lot of work on the transition scene after I push Joanna off of the balcony and some  work on transitions and proxemics in general. Because I don't have much to do with the proxemic part, during these runs, I did some character work by myself. It will be in my character profile.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE