Rehearsal 21.11.17 / 22.11.17

21.11.17

Today we managed to finally get a look at the material I would using to wrap people in when I kill them. We had this stretchy material that we decided to pull over them from the bottom up. Once it is over them they struggle from within and it gives this awesome, grotesque image of being wrapped in deaths wrath.


We re-looked at the opening section. For the opening sequence, we have added in a part for about half the cast to use barbies during the part where we stamp and throw our fists in the air, they are holding barbies and dolls instead. It is all to do with growing up and being an adult. It also links to the part when I push Ev off the balcony and get a barbie doll and make it fall from the balcony as well. The barbies are a metaphor for all people, and at one point I hold a barbie as Death, and the barbie is everyman. It shows how small they are to me and how I can easily manipulate them.  


22.11.17

Today we ran my first scene with Everyman and God. In the first run through, I felt the scene lacked something. Possibly energy. In the second run through, just before I go on I took myself away from the space and gave myself a couple of minutes to get into character in my head. I find it hard to quickly snap in and out of character especially if I'm stopping and starting. So with that combined with me not feeling too confident with my characterisation already,  I felt shaky with my choices. 
Ben gave me some tips on how to interact with God (kiss her hand, bowing etc.) which did help with furthering my playfulness when rehearsing. I also did an improvisation with Joanna to help her out with her feeling terrified in the scene. I held an actual gun at her and I basically had to tell her I was going to kill her and she had to beg for her life. It was a tough exercise to do and I think we got some real emotions showing. It actually helped me quite a lot because I felt the surge of power that death has and I really think I can utilise that for my characterisation of death. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE