Rehearsal 7.11.17 / 8.11.17

7.11.17

Today's run through started without a warmup due to certain circumstances. We re-looked at the tsunami scene as we had this huge plastic sheet that symbolises the huge wave that covers everyone. The plastic ends up covering them after they have done the plastic bag sequence. Once the sheet has covered them, everyone underneath starts twitching and it gives the almost serene sequence from before into something horrific and morbid and raw.

After this scene, I play the guitar and Robyn sings "Rain City" by Turin Brakes.

The song really adds something innocent and beautiful to this scene of destruction and death.

8.11.17

Today we did a full run through of everything we have blocked so far. I ran my first scene and I don't think it went particularly well. I felt quite tense and I think it was because I was thinking about my lines too much. There were so many things I wanted to try out and play with but in all honesty, I wasn't brave enough to try them out. It didn't help that Joanna wasn't too hot on her lines either so the scene didn't really flow very much.

During the run, the family scene really stood out to me. There is a part at the start where you can hear the sound of Max crying and Anya's assisted breathing and it is such a grotesque and horrifying soundscape. The scene itself it just very clean and flows very nicely.


Here are some notes we received about our run through:

- The underscoring music of the Tsunami scene created a very nice atmosphere
- For the opening scene:
Balance the space and don't clump
Need to be bolder and act bolder in general
When we stamp, really stamp hard, go for it
Take time to mill during Mr Brightside


Some personal notes I got for Death:
- Push more
- Play with the idea that people smell like dog shit
- wear more rings

I understand these notes as I definitely feel like I was weak in today's run. I needed to be more confident in how I wanted to play with my character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE