Rehearsal 10.10.17 / 11.10.17

10.10.17

In today's rehearsal we started by running everything we blocked already. We ran my first scene with God and Everyman.

I was a bit disappointed with my performance today and I think this is mainly down to me not knowing my lines. Having the script in my hand hindered me getting into the character as I was too focused on reading what I was saying than actually performing and feeling the scene. The script can really distract you from your character and I don't think I gave an accurate representation of the work I've actually done. One of the notes from Ben I got was to be 'wider'. The character I'm going for is one that is confident in himself and his presence and I am not really doing that at the moment. It goes to show how much a script can actually hinder you. Watching other scenes where everybody was off script (the family scene) gives a perfect example of how smoothly a scene can go when there isn't the hassle of a script.


11.10.17

In today's rehearsal I did some independent rehearsal with Joanna to work on the scene we did yesterday that we don't think went too well. We managed to get through most of it off of the script and I for sure felt a lot better and comfortable in the scene than I had previously. I kept trying to think about being wider and 'bigger' in general as my character. I'm am finding this quite hard at the moment as I am still on script.

We also did an exercise at the start of the lesson where we sat in a circle around Sophia who was holding Anya in her arms. Anya was presumed dead and we all had to make a soundscape and let out any primal sounds that felt right in the moment. It was difficult at first as you feel a bit weird and self conscious, but once you get past that, we created something quite powerful and primal. We then evolved the exercise. We partnered up and one of us had to slowly die and the other had to hold them up and keep them upright. We did it to a piece of music that was about 7 minutes long. I found the exercise quite hard to connect to. Other people seemed to really easily tap into their emotions but I had a hard time and I didn't want to force any particular reaction as I thought that wasn't being true to myself or to the exercise. It turned out that a lot of people had the reactions they did because they did it with a very close friend.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE