OVERALL EVALUATION

This whole process has taught me a lot about characterisation, Brechtian theatre, vocal choices and a lot more.
I have learnt a lot about being spontaneous and so much about myself, not just as an actor, but a person. I have learnt how important the ensemble was for my character and for the well being of a show. I wasn't sure before how much I relied on them before but during the tech run I realised how much I feed off how the ensemble act. The ensemble for our show was so strong, for example when there was a technical issue with the music in the party scene, the scene was saved because everyone had worked close enough to have the same instinct on how to resolve such an issue. I think I worked well with the ensemble. I have further explored certain practitioners that I am interested in such as Yoshi Oida. I have emotionally gone to places I haven't explored before and accepted and tried new methods regardless of whether it's worked for me.
During the rehearsal process I learnt a lot from my other cast mates. I found it difficult at first to emotionally connect to some exercises, but as I got closer to the rest of the cast, I became more comfortable with everyone and really managed to let myself get completely engaged in the process.
I feel like as a cast we were very open and close with each other and this enabled us to push ourselves further than we thought we could.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2004 Tsunami

DRESS RUN

GIG THEATRE